Wednesday, April 25, 2007

April 19, 2007 - Lesson learned

So apparently I didn’t learn my lesson last week with the green tea. I had thought the combination of the meal I had with the green tea is what upset my stomach, but as I found out from last night and most of today, it’s the green tea itself. I’m not exactly sure why because I drink Lipton’s Green Tea Citrus all the time back home. I’m thinking it’s just the brand I’ve got.

I’m disappointed though in being sick. We had plans to attend a choral concert today that was being given on campus consisting of traditional South African music. As a member of veteran of high school and college choral programs I was looking forward to hearing their music. Rebecca H. had stopped back at the apartments to check on me and stated that she would take some pics if they were allowed. I hope that they’re able to.

Since I wasn’t’ feeling my best, I didn’t do anything outside of my apartment today. As my stomach settled, I did manage to accomplish some other things though like quiz prep, ironing, and packing for tomorrow’s trip to Durban. Or should I say this coming morning.

Our ride is picking us up at 3:15 a.m. for the 45 minute trip to Jo-berg. We then have an approximately 1 hour flight at 5:45 a.m. and will arrive at our hotel very early. Since we’re leaving at such a crazy time, I’m gonna be headed back to bed here in about an hour – 6 p.m. That’s because the intent is to put in a full day of sightseeing in Durban once we arrive, and there’s no way I’m going to want to traveling around if I don’t get some sleep beforehand. So with that in mind, this note is going to be very short, but expect big things to be written about in the days to come…

1 comment:

notasecretagent said...

Ouch, I hope you feel better soon! That's a bummer - green tea is delicious. Have a wonderful time in Durban, I've heard it's beautiful!

(This is Jessie, by the way.)